A postdoctoral position is available in the SALT lab starting January 1, 2018 (negotiable). The term of the position is one year with a possible extension. Strong applicants are solicited in the broad areas of software engineering, software analysis and testing, bug prediction/detection/repair, web and mobile engineering, and software maintenance and evolution.
Applications for this position should:
- have received (or soon expect to receive) their PhD
- have a strong publication record in software engineering and/or related venues
- strong software engineering skills
If interested, please send a CV and a brief research statement to Dr. Mesbah, and arrange to have 3 letters of recommendation directly sent to the same email address.
PhD and Master Students
We currently have PhD and MSc positions in the SALT lab. There are a number of exciting projects for graduate students with strong academic background and experience in software engineering, software analysis and testing, web and mobile engineering, and/or related areas of research. Interested candidates may contact Dr. Mesbah provided they meet the following criteria:
- Strong academic background
- Excellent programming skills
- PhD applicants: Published or submitted ACM/IEEE papers from your Master’s work. Having publications will strengthen your case.
Visit this page for general information about admission requirements and deadlines.
Undergraduate Research Assistantships
- Each year, we have a number of USRA (Undergraduate Student Research Awards) interns in the SALT lab. If you are interested, contact Dr. Mesbah before the departmental deadline.
- We also have a number of exciting EECE 496 thesis projects for strong undergrad students.
- International undergraduate students should consider the MITACS Global Link projects. These are fully funded summer research projects. We are offering a number of research projects there for top international students.